for the Spanish Speaker
As a native Spanish speaker, the way you pronounce words is determined by their spelling – simple! In American English, not so much. I will help you understand the way that sounds are made, step-by-step, so that reducing or eliminating your Spanish accent is easy and fun!
Who This Course Is For
I worked with a business woman who’s a native Spanish speaker. She held an important job at a major corporation, but felt she was being kept from further advancement because of her accent. She’d been in the US for most of her adult life, but was still perceived as a recent newcomer. After several lessons working together, not only did her accent improve, but so did the power of her voice and the melody of her speech. She was confident and soon thereafter began rising even further up the corporate ladder.
Is your accent holding you back?
One thing I see consistently for the native-Spanish speaker is they don’t realize that the sounds they’re making aren’t “American.” No one has ever pointed this out to them. Knowing the slight differences that comprise the American Accent is life-changing. I should know – I’ve seen it up close in my 20+ years as a Voice & Speech Coach. If you feel you’re being held back because of your accent, let me help you overcome that.
What You'll Learn
- All the vowel and consonant sounds of American English
- Surprisingly easy – but commonly mispronounced – sounds
- How to speak more smoothly
- The subtle details of the American accent
- Challenging consonant sounds (sh/ch sounds, v/b sounds, y sounds)
- Simple phonetics
- Sounds vs spelling
- How to physicalize your speech
- The differences between professional and casual speech
- How to speak with American-style inflection
Lesson Plan Preview — Accent: American for the Spanish Speaker
- Getting Started — 3 chapters
- The Front Vowel Sounds — 6 chapters
- Overview of the American R Sound — 2 chapters
- The Back Vowel Sounds — 3 chapters
- Confusing Sounds for the Spanish Speaker — 4 chapters
- The Diphthong Sounds — 6 chapters
- The er Diphthong Sounds — 6 chapters
- Challenging Consonant Sounds for the Spanish Speaker — 11 chapters
- Putting it All Together – Steps for Further Success! — 7 chapters
Your Vocal Journey
Making your speech clearer, crisper, and more resonant is a life-changing experience. Emails, social media, and text messages are all types communication, but everything ends up in conversation.
Nail that job interview, deliver a message with personality and individuality, and have more of an impact in your daily life. Feel more comfortable at parties, in business meetings, or on the phone with your friends & family.
Schedule your first—or next—voice coaching session with Patrick today. Or enroll in an online course where your can work on your own time and pace while saving money over the cost of in-person coaching.